Travel writers are myth busters
07 April 2016
posted by Salman Rashid @ 8:00 AM,
- At April 7, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Arslankataya said...
So Salman the buster.
There is a town between Rahimyarkhan and Khanpur by the name Zahirpeer. So it must be opposite of Peerghaib.
- At April 7, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Salman Rashid said...
Sounds logical. The corollary to Pir Ghaib can only be a fraud that is Zahir.
- At April 7, 2016 at 3:18 PM, said...
Aha, u are at it again. the holy men are not going to like u !!!
Personally I don' think there is anything wrong in these sort of beliefs or traditions as long as folks don't start going on warpath. Making a little money on the side, I guess that's ok!!
Enjoyed the post.
- At April 8, 2016 at 4:51 AM, said...
Hi Salman very good article. Could you name a religious authority who is clean these days and can be listened to ?
- At April 8, 2016 at 12:03 PM, Salman Rashid said...
Javed Ghamidi is the ONLY clean religious scholar who should be heeded. As well as him there is Maulvi Jahangir Mahmood who does a programme on FM radio. I don't know his channel.
- At April 9, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Farrukh Nazir said...
My grandfather Mian Abdul Hameed had been in charge of whole trade between Kashgar and India via Lagakh. He was stationed at Sirinagar looking after that trade rule. His title was Aqasqal and was called Khan Sahib Mian Bdul Hameed. He belonged to Mian Family of Baghbanpura.
- At April 9, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Salman Rashid said...
Aqsaqal is Turkish for White (Aq) Beard (Saqal). Good to know that an Arain of Baghbanpura held such an important station. If you live in Lahore, please text me your phone number. You can find mine on the "home" and "About" page.
- At April 9, 2016 at 7:33 PM, Farrukh Nazir said...
Thanks a lot for reply. My cell is 03334236178 and I live in Lahore. I have a lot to share with you. Insha Allah,
Links to this post: