Deosai or Shuddle Gali
07 July 2013
posted by Salman Rashid @ 12:00 AM,
- At July 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Saima Ashraf said...
The scene in the picture above is the best place to pitch a tent. I vote for it:)
- At July 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Umer Jamshed said...
Deosai, spot on. Having been there, I can second that the panoramas this place yields are unparalleled.
Musa ka Musalla has been in my plans for a while now but after reading about Shuddle Gali, I am definitely heading there in a month's time. Thank you for this note!
- At July 7, 2013 at 8:18 PM, said...
I would want to give a try to both. I have known Deosai but S Guli is new to me. Are they interconnected or nearby each other. Jami
- At July 14, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Salman Rashid said...
Deosai is in Baltistan. Shuddle Gali is in Kaghan. It is on the ridge separating Kaghan from Siran. You can climb up from both sides. Not much to do here except to get to the peak of Musa ka Musalla.
- At July 14, 2013 at 7:02 AM, Salman Rashid said...
Good luck, Jamshed. Hope you find snow on the Musalla.
- At August 8, 2013 at 12:38 AM, Adnan Alam Awan said...
As per my knowledge, Kund forest rest house on the way to shuddle gali was built during 1830. During 2005 earthquake the rest house was destroyed and whole the wooden structure collapsed. I stayed one night in tent at Kund rest house location during June-2013 and was looking for wooden piece there in the rubble, on which it was carved 1830, chowkidar told me that it was lost. Do u have any photo of this one?
- At August 8, 2013 at 1:14 AM, Adnan Alam Awan said...
In my above comments,,one correction, i mean to write Nadi Bangla rest house rather than Kund rest house, Nadi Bangla rest house is located in Naghan forest area that is approachable from Hangrai union council of Balakot.
- At August 8, 2013 at 4:54 AM, Salman Rashid said...
Adnan, it was not 1830. Who on earth would be building a purely European structure at Kund at that time? The date was, I think, 1928. The chowkidar, as is the wont of all illiterate persons, was exaggerating. Also, it was not all timber; it was stone with a timber roof. I don't have an image of the house, sadly.
- At August 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Adnan Alam Awan said...
Salman Sb,,thanks for the correction and proper information. I think i have found the very right person,,,now a days exploring all ur write up and it is a kind of research work that was done by no one. Thanks for saving the record our history.
- At August 8, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Salman Rashid said...
Glad to be of help, Adnan.
- At August 8, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Salman Rashid said...
Nadi Bangla is one of the most beautiful secluded places in Kaghan. it is even later than than Kund. It was stone with a GI sheeting roof. I don't know if it survived the quake.
Links to this post: