Salman Rashid

Travel writer, Fellow of Royal Geographical Society

Mithi - Whispers in the Sand

Bookmark and Share

 

In 2017, the district administration of Tharparkar at Mithi invited me to this work. Through that year, I made five trips to Mithi at different times of year. Though I was under the mistaken notion that my research was complete, when I got down to writing, I found so much was missing. Spent the whole of 2018 reading and writing. Last year, 2019, was spent in editing. Very slow process that was. Over the past two months young Aamir Ali designed this work with great love and attention.

Labels: ,

posted by Salman Rashid @ 21:00,

4 Comments:

At 23 August 2020 at 01:20, Anonymous Adil Rehman said...

Great to know that one more marvelous piece of history is compiled!

 
At 23 August 2020 at 11:43, Blogger Salman Rashid said...

Thank you, Adil Rehman. I hope you will enjoy reading it.

 
At 12 October 2020 at 15:10, Blogger umersaif said...

Need a copy

 
At 12 October 2020 at 16:00, Blogger Salman Rashid said...

It will be available at Sang e Meel in about 4 weeks' time. Please call 042-3722-0100 for inquiries

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




My Books

Deosai: Land of the Gaint - New

The Apricot Road to Yarkand


Jhelum: City of the Vitasta

Sea Monsters and the Sun God: Travels in Pakistan

Salt Range and Potohar Plateau

Prisoner on a Bus: Travel Through Pakistan

Between Two Burrs on the Map: Travels in Northern Pakistan

Gujranwala: The Glory That Was

Riders on the Wind

Books at Sang-e-Meel

Books of Days