Mountaineering: the grandest of sports
20 June 2013
Related: Nazir Sabir: A world beyond the Mountains, Samina and Ali: Samina Baig standing tall at Everest
posted by Salman Rashid @ 12:00 AM,
- At June 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM, said...
This sport is for select few. There are even fewer to watch and appreciate. Jamshed
- At June 21, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Sajini Chandrasekera said...
I do agree that mountaineers are humble people coz if not they will not be able to reach their destination.
- At June 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Saima Ashraf said...
One who goes up and up, is down to earth more. Yes agree.
- At June 21, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Salman Rashid said...
I don't know by what mechanism can anyone make mountaineering a sport valued as much as worthless cricket played by illiterate urchins off small-town streets. The name of a third rate crook masquerading as a cricketer is known nationwide. But people don't know Nazir Sabir.
- At September 27, 2013 at 1:56 AM, said...
"Let others play at other things. The king of games is still the game of kings." Ah, but that was about polo. I wonder if mountaineering too could be immortalized on similar lines. Only Salman Rashid--our very own Marco Polo--can do that!
- At October 4, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Salman Rashid said...
Tariq, you are very kind. Thank you very much.
Links to this post: