Moving the mountains
29 March 2013
posted by Salman Rashid @ 1:06 PM,
- At March 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Nayyar Julian said...
Interesting. I read profile of Karim. Our porters are "real men" earning their living the hard way and no recognition. Wonderful story of human courage.
- At March 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM, Zurriat Ali said...
Ap ko seway gumnay phrnay ky aur koi kaam ni sir?
- At April 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Kausar Bilal said...
Beautiful! An awesome picture of mountain guides vital role in human life. Wish to visit the place.
- At June 13, 2013 at 10:29 PM, said...
Porters (call then guides) serve as portals to the outdoors, playing a critical role in introducing people to outdoor recreation and sports. And since they often spend more time in the field than even travelers, porters serve as eyes and ears for travelers.
- At June 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Salman Rashid said...
They, porters and guides, are wonderful people. One can truly start to appreciate them after one has travelled long with them. Their fortitude and sense of commitment to the work at hand is admirable.
Links to this post: